Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rama1
Contributor II
Contributor II

count of max available date of each month

hi,

Need some help to count of max available date of each month

In my Pivot table i have 2 dimensions as rows office and company and 1 dimension as column date  and and 1 measure count(Office). and i created a new column month by using =date(monthstart(Date1,), 'MMM-YY') as i don't have month in my data (my source data is excel sheet). Now how can i calculate the max available date count of each month of each office.

my Pivot table look like this:

Rama1_0-1604980848952.png

my expression should pick max week(available date) of each month and show only that week count in the table.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Spivey
Partner - Contributor III

Format your measure like this:

=Count({<"=WeekStart(TransDate)"={"=aggr(max(TransWeek), ""=MonthName(TransDate)"")"}>} Office)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Spivey

If I'm understanding correctly, you want for only the max WeekStart for each month to show up as a column?

This is what you should use as the Week field:

aggr(max(WeekStart(TransDate)), "=MonthName(TransDate)")

....where TransDate is your Available Date.

Rama1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Spivey,

Thank you so much for your reply.

aggr(max(WeekStart(TransDate)), "=MonthName(TransDate)")

This resolves half of my requirement but it is showing the complete count of the that month with max week of the month.

i just need the count for only max week but not for all the weeks together in that month.

Thanks

Rama

edwin
Master II
Master II

i would add a flag for the last week of the month in the script.  that way you dont need complex set analysis in your expression.  that is assuming the last week of the month does not change (bec it could if the user is allowed to select only a part of the month)

edwin
Master II
Master II

of course the flag should be in the calendar

Spivey

Format your measure like this:

=Count({<"=WeekStart(TransDate)"={"=aggr(max(TransWeek), ""=MonthName(TransDate)"")"}>} Office)

Rama1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Spivey,

Thank you so much for response and help.

the above expression resolves my problem and i am able to pick the WeekStart of the each month. Could you also let me know how to get Weekend of each month For ex: If there are 4 weeks in a month i need count for the last week instead of the first. 

Thanks in advance.