Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

creating buckets based on values

Hi all,

New to Qlik and have loaded in my data. I am trying to create 2 buckets based on a value of the column. If the value is a negative number then I want to create a bucket "Neg" and "Pos" if the value is positive. Can someone kindly guide me on where I can create this bucket and how the syntax should look.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

You can use the class function to create buckets in your script or in a chart.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Conditiona...

If you're bucket is as simple as Positive vs Negative you can create a flag in your script such as

Load,

ID,

Value,

If(Value>0,'Positive',If(Value<0,'Negative')) as Bucket

From xx;

View solution in original post

3 Replies
m_perreault
Creator III
Creator III

You can use the class function to create buckets in your script or in a chart.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Conditiona...

If you're bucket is as simple as Positive vs Negative you can create a flag in your script such as

Load,

ID,

Value,

If(Value>0,'Positive',If(Value<0,'Negative')) as Bucket

From xx;

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

pick(match(value,fabs(value))+1,'Neg','Pos') as Bucket
Learning never stops.
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I was able to create an additional column in the load script to designate whether that row/record is a Positive or Negative value. My next question - I want to create a KPI to show the count of records 'BY' a specific dimension. Let say I want to count the # of positive values by Country. How does the syntax work? When I was using Oracle BI syntax would be similar to Count(Country by Product). Thank you.