Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankGrimm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

different load statements

Hi together,

i have a application with 15 load statements.

Everything is fine, but the loading time is very long.

10 of the 15 load statements don't load new values, because the databases didn´t changed.

I seperatet this load statements in a different app and stored the result into QVD files.

It works.

But, how can i control in one APP whether a load statemtement runs or not?

I don´t like to manage 2 APPs.

Thanks a lot!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You may use if-loops like:

if condition = true then
    load ...
end if

and the condition might be a check on the filetime(), filesize() or by qvd's also the qvdnoofrows() and further methods (similar things are also possible against the system-tables of a database) to check them against previously generated and stored values (variables or within tables).

Beside this I suggest considering if the usage of multiple applications within a multi-tier data-architecture may be a better method to handle the mentioned challenges. Of course, it will create some administrative overhead but already by growing into middle-sized environments it will have big advantages ...

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

You may use if-loops like:

if condition = true then
    load ...
end if

and the condition might be a check on the filetime(), filesize() or by qvd's also the qvdnoofrows() and further methods (similar things are also possible against the system-tables of a database) to check them against previously generated and stored values (variables or within tables).

Beside this I suggest considering if the usage of multiple applications within a multi-tier data-architecture may be a better method to handle the mentioned challenges. Of course, it will create some administrative overhead but already by growing into middle-sized environments it will have big advantages ...

- Marcus

FrankGrimm
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Markus,

thanks!

I think about your proposal.

Frank