cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITStagiair
Contributor II
Contributor II

different values in minutes

Hey I am new to Qlik Sense. I have a question. I have got my dashboard as you can see in the file, but as you can see the value does not add up per minute. Even when there are more than 1 values in a minute it gets divided in different rods. I want to get the value of every minute together in 1 rod. as example if there are now 3 different rods for 1 minute, I want to change that in 1 rod with the value of 3. I do not know if i am clear enough, if you need more explanation you can ask it. 

Labels (6)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

You need of course adjust it to your real field-name - YourTimestamp is just an example. Beside this is timestamp()  a formatting-function and if it returned NULL it means that the content isn't numeric else a string. In this case you need to convert the field before applying any rounding/formatting, for example with something like:

timestamp(floor(timestam#(YourTimestamp, 'YourFormatPattern'),
1/24/60), 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm') as TimestampWithoutSeconds

- Marcus

View solution in original post

7 Replies
marcus_sommer

If you want to display the data on minutes you will need to use minute or a minute-related dimension. This means something like:

minute(YourTimestamp) as Minute

or maybe

timestamp(floor(YourTimestamp, 1/24/60), 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm') as TimestampWithoutSeconds

- Marcus

ITStagiair
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I added the timestamp(floor(YourTimestamp, 1/24/60), 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm') as TimestampWithoutSeconds, but I have a problem. when I add it on the diagram it doesnt work. And when I put it in a table it does not give me any valuables

Knipsel.JPG

Do I need to put the code in a new LOAD or can I put it in my current LOAD?

marcus_sommer

You need of course adjust it to your real field-name - YourTimestamp is just an example. Beside this is timestamp()  a formatting-function and if it returned NULL it means that the content isn't numeric else a string. In this case you need to convert the field before applying any rounding/formatting, for example with something like:

timestamp(floor(timestam#(YourTimestamp, 'YourFormatPattern'),
1/24/60), 'DD.MM.YYYY hh:mm') as TimestampWithoutSeconds

- Marcus

ITStagiair
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thankyou, now I see the value in the table, but I have another question. I have a line diagram but in the period 10:20 to 11:00 the value needs to be 0. but because it is a line diagram it goes slowly down and stays at value 1.  can you help me  visualize the 0 values better. I want the minutes with 0 value to be at 0 and not at 1. 

marcus_sommer

I assume that these values aren't really 0. You may check the real values by using a table-chart for it.

- Marcus

ITStagiair
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I looked it up, and it needs to be 0. it does not show in the table-chart too. 

Line dia.JPG

Table.JPG

 I want the line between 00:45 and 06:00 to be a straight line with the value of 0. maybe you can help me further with this information.

marcus_sommer

It looked as if there are timely dimension-values but no values for the measure. I think displaying 0 could become quite difficult and may need an appropriate populating of these data within the data-model.

Another approach may be to hide these NULL's within the object-properties which would mean that there no values between 00:45 and 06:00 which wouldn't be really wrong but may it more difficult to detect gaps between the times.

Further you could try to adjust the line-color to transparent with something like argb(0,0,0,0) for these non-exists measure-values which would mean that nothing is displayed and the gap remained.

- Marcus