Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harish_Qlik_user
Contributor II
Contributor II

expression shows invalid Dimension

Hi,

I'm trying to  show the dates from a column which are between the max and min of other column and when I use below expression it shows invalid dimension. can any one help me resolve the error.

=if(CalendarDate<=max([RDueDate ]) and CalendarDate>=min({<Timestamp=,Timestamp={"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>}[RDueDate ]) ,CalendarDate)

Regards,

Harish

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Are you using this as a dimension or measure? If this is a dimension, then try this

=If(CalendarDate <= Max(TOTAL [RDueDate ]) and CalendarDate >= Min(TOTAL {<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RDueDate ]), CalendarDate)

View solution in original post

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are you using this as a dimension or measure? If this is a dimension, then try this

=If(CalendarDate <= Max(TOTAL [RDueDate ]) and CalendarDate >= Min(TOTAL {<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RDueDate ]), CalendarDate)
Harish_Qlik_user
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks, it is working. can you say why the below expression is showing invalid? can you please help me fix this.

=date(MonthStart(only( {<Timestamp=,Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}[RdueDate]),'MMM-YYYY')

I want to exclude the filter for the Timestamp field.

Also, can you say why below expression is returning blank

Min( {1<Timestamp=,Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate] )

Thanks in advance.

sunny_talwar

I think the expression is not correct syntax wise... try this

=Date(MonthStart(Only({<Timestamp=, Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])), 'MMM-YYYY')

Also, why are you using Timestamp twice in your expression? Only the second one will actually work... so, may be just use this

=Date(MonthStart(Only({<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])), 'MMM-YYYY')

Not really sure about this one

Min({1<Timestamp=, Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])

May be this

Min({1<Timestamp = {"$(V_MaxlastMonth)"}>} [RdueDate])