Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VaishnaviMogal2
Contributor III
Contributor III

filter data table based on selection in another data table

Hi,

I have two table each with different data files. so the selection in one tables doesn't effect another table data. 

I want to filter the data based on selection made in date field of another data.

I'm trying to solve using below exp but not getting result.

if(date(DateTime)=({$}[Start Datetime]),DateTime) 

here DateTime is a date field in one table(raw dataset) and Start Datetime is a date field in another table(summary dataset).

How can I achieve this?. any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you.

Labels (5)
3 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try this 

Sum({<DateTime={"$(=Only([Start Datetime]))"}>} Sales)

VaishnaviMogal2
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Chanty4u ,

I am trying using this (as all fields are dimensions, can't use any aggregation funct)

=if(date(DateTime)={"$(=Only([Start Datetime]))"},DateTime)

but this giving me error in expression msg. not getting what is wring in this expr.

Thanks.

gomeri
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, 

Having two tables, in the first I enter the data I want to filter, in the second I enter the data I want to display based on the selections made in the first table.

In this way, I create a column with the set expression in the second table that filters the data according to the selections made in a column of the first table.

My set expression contains two functions, a 'GetFieldSelections' to count the selected fields and a 'Replace' that replaces ',' with the comma and space (', ')

(The set expression is contained in the third column of the second table).

=SUM({<[DateTime]={"$(= Replace(GetFieldSelections([Start Datetime]), ', ', '","') )"}>}DateTime)

gomeri_0-1718620424451.png

gomeri_1-1718620497154.png

let me know if it works

Thanks

Giovanni O. D.