Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
niha
Creator II
Creator II

how to automate deployment?

i have been asked in an interview if I have any ideas how to automate deployment. Daily they have many qvf and they are just wasting time only by copy and pasting to different environment. Any way to automate this?

Niha

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Qlik-CLI is an open source project which allows you to use power shell to perform different tasks on your Qlik Sense environment.

Hence power shell is text/script based and not GUI based like Qlik Sense QMC you will be able to program/automate  many of the manual tasks you are performing today.

Here you will find information on the available commands: https://ahaydon.github.io/Qlik-Cli/

View solution in original post

PlatformManager-JvV
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Niha,

With our solution we can! have a look on our website or reach out to me so I can tell you more!

Best regards, 

Jorik from PlatformManager.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You could look into the Qlik-CLI project. It is a command line interface for managing a Qlik Sense environment in PowerShell.

https://github.com/ahaydon/Qlik-Cli/blob/master/README.md

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello,
Thanks. Can you please elaborate more. I am not able to follow it. is there
any videos of it. what is Qlik CLI Project? Is it a third party ? I would
appreciate if you could elaborate more on this.
Regards,
Niha
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Qlik-CLI is an open source project which allows you to use power shell to perform different tasks on your Qlik Sense environment.

Hence power shell is text/script based and not GUI based like Qlik Sense QMC you will be able to program/automate  many of the manual tasks you are performing today.

Here you will find information on the available commands: https://ahaydon.github.io/Qlik-Cli/

PlatformManager-JvV
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Niha,

With our solution we can! have a look on our website or reach out to me so I can tell you more!

Best regards, 

Jorik from PlatformManager.

niha
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks. I will inform to respective person

Marc
Employee
Employee

App Export/Import Example using Qlik-CLI

Qlik-CLI needs to be installed onthe machine you are using to run the script from 

the user account you are using to run the script needs the ability to Export from the source environment, and import to the destination

provided those requirements are met, you should be able to run the following after customizing the first 4 lines for your environment. 

$AppName = "Operations Monitor"
$ExportPath = "\\Server\ExportLocation"
$ServerSource = "Sense01"
$ServerDestination = "Sense02"

#Get app from source
Connect-Qlik -Computername $ServerSource -TrustAllCerts
$QSApps = Get-QlikApp
$QSAppInfo = $QSApps|?{$_.name -eq $AppName }
$Exportfile = "$($QSAppInfo.name)-$(Get-Date -Format yyyyMMddhhmm).qvf"
$ExportFilePath = "$($ExportPath)\$($Exportfile)"
Export-QlikApp -id $QSAppInfo.id -filename $ExportFilePath -SkipData

#Upload app to destination