Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sersal10
Creator
Creator

how to filter data in the load editor

Hi all

I need to create an app that is going to study the tickets sold until today, and will also display the tickets sold last year until today. how could I filter this?

Is this better to do it in the data wharehouse, in the load editor, or maybe this is possible to filter in the data expression always?

Many thanks,

Sergio

Labels (3)
6 Replies
theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It is possible to filter in the expression of the data using set analysis.
If your data warehouse isn't cost for use, it's best to do it in it.
Otherwise in the Qlik load script with the clause.

Kind regards.
Theo ATRAGIE.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

You can use where condition like below

LOAD

TicketID,

SaleDate,

TicketAmount

FROM  source.xlsx

WHERE SaleDate <= TODAY();

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Theo, how would I use it in the expression? Did't get "using set analysis".

Cheers

theoat
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Can you give me an example of how you would use this ?

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes

In a line graph I have date as the dimension of the x axis, and I want to know the tickets sold last year until this day i.e: 16 Feb 2023. This is the expression of all the data for the 2023 year that works now, but need to cut to that day:

=Rangesum(Above(Sum({<year_event=, month_event=, event_code=p(previous_event_code), event_to_compare=, event_name= >} quantity), 0, RowNo()))

I have a column called event_date in a date format to play with this.

sersal10
Creator
Creator
Author

Partialy solved.

I had to create a new column in my DW. month_day which is like 02-16 today. Now this is the x axis and it displays corectly the data, but need to reorder the x axis as it starts from 01-01, but I need it to be from 12-12 that is when the tickets started to be sold. How could I order this? I have a sold_date field that I used in the expression you can use in the order tab but then only the current year displays correctly and the other one (2023) is at zero always.

Any clue on what expression could I use?