Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
onion77
Contributor
Contributor

not seeing streams after an upgrade

Hi all, we upgraded Qlik Sense from February to May 2022 patch1 and we started to see a strange behavior: users dont see streams which they could have seen before the upgrade. But, once they click on the left side into the Stream area, it loads then. Is it some kind of bug  due to the upgrade? can we do something about it?

Thanks a lot and have a wonderful day 

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

I encountered the same thing today after upgrading a test server and opened a ticket with my local Qlik partner.

jstar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Pls check the comments in the release blog:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Release-Notes/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-on-Windows-May-2022-Initial-Releas...

Like   explained, you need to deactivate the feature "Hub_hide_empty_streams" in

C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\CapabilityService\capabilities.json

........ ,{"contentHash":"2ae4a99c9f17ab76e1eeb27bc4211874","originalClassName":"FeatureToggle","flag":"HUB_HIDE_EMPTY_STREAMS","enabled":false}]

We had the same problem and after this change and a server restart, it now works like expected. 

Or
MVP
MVP

These streams are not empty, and I would like to have empty streams hidden, so this option doesn't seem to be relevant here, unfortunately. Hopefully Qlik will get it fixed ASAP since it's clearly a bug for non-empty streams to be hidden by a "Hide empty streams" option. Thanks for the tip, though.

jstar
Contributor III
Contributor III

I think the name "hide_empty_streams" is misleading. If all apps in a Stream are not readable to a user , then this stream is not displayed.
Evaluating this information at runtime takes time. Therefore the streams are displayed with a delay.

This is what i hope happens and would explain the behavior. 

Or
MVP
MVP

I imagine it's something of that nature, but the fact that the exact same set of streams is always hidden rather than a different subset each time suggests it's not just a time-based issue - if it was, I'd expect the list to occasionally vary based on how many streams it managed to parse.

In any case, I appreciate the information and your insight, and I'm hoping Qlik will issue a fix for this fairly quickly since it's clearly not working as intended. They're aware of the problem so hopefully soon.