Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aruna1
Contributor
Contributor

qliksense task auto trigger

Is there a way to have qliksense start the extracts as soon as the source database has completed its update ie if a file is dropped into a folder and when that file is detected qliksense starts its reload

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Nicolae_Alecu
Creator
Creator

Hello, 

Not sure if you can do this without an work around.

1. Run task for extract app every 1 minute with an IF database complete = last database complete THEN exit script ELSE run code.
2. Run a task for a checker app every 1 minute with an IF  database complete = last database complete THEN Load from a (or a line of code to throw a fail error) ELSE Store new database time . And link extract app to this task when it run successfully. 

Best Regards,

MaximP
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hello, 

Another way to do that would be with a PowerShell script linked to Qlik API. The script would check for the file existence and then start the qliksense reload.

You can find some information on it there : Task Chaining with qlik-cli | Qlik Developer Portal

Tell me if it helped

Best regards 

Maxim

Aruna1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

Thanks, I will try to implement your suggestion.

Aruna1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi,

So I have to request the client to install qlik-Cli, as I don't have the permission to install anything on server.