Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lukeert19
Contributor III
Contributor III

save/store historical quantity of records and show it on a table

Hello to all,

normally I have an excel file where where i'm use it for trace all historycal data  , exist some way to store a quantity of a specific value and show it in a pivot table separated for weeks?
let's admit than I have fields:

Receiving date --> used to create a week field
Serial --> used for count the quantity of records

the field "Receiving date" is linked to Shipping date, when we ship back one device qlik will not load this record for this reason I need to store all data before ship back the device. (we are talking more or less of 130000 records)

I think I need to modify my script, but I don't have any idea to performe this kind of process.

specification:

qlik version: qlik sene view
file used: qvd

thanks to all in advance

regards

Luca

2 Replies
morgankejerhag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

It is a little bit difficult to follow what exactly you are looking for. If you want to store the current values to a file that you can later read into an app you should use the script function "store". With that you save a table a qvd file and you can have a dynamic naming of the file to something like mydata_20200928.qvd.

lukeert19
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

hello @morgankejerhag  thanks for the reply.

I have a file where every week I add  in one sheet of the excel file all new records for don't loose the historical, in thi case I need to save the quantity of records per week example, in attached you can see a semple table where in week1 I had 133701 records for country 1, in week2 I had 34745 for country 1 and so on...

in this case I want store all values  separated like in table below and  show those value directly on qlik

about:

if you want to store the current values to a file that you can later read into an app you should use the script function "store". With that you save a table a qvd file and you can have a dynamic naming of the file to something like mydata_20200928.qvd.

but with function "store" I will store ALL records/columns  ? or only values of records / columns than I need?

for dynamic naming of the file to something like mydata_20200928.qvd,  in this case during loading phase how can link the qvd file in my script if name of file can change the name...?