Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
francofiorillo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

section automatically generated by data management

Hello.
I've always worked with QlikView and therefore love using the data load editor.
in doing so, however, I lose the functionality present in data management such as the generation of derived fields.
for this, hoping to do well, after using the data load editor, I generate the script in data management.
it happens, however, that he has to make changes.
how do i reverse them in the automatically generated section?
can I delete the automatic script and regenerate it?
please explain how to proceed to align the automatically generated section with the data load editor, because I am very confused?
thank you.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Great question. 

1. Know that the Derived fields stuff that is generated by the data manager, can be copied and used for any application that you build from scratch without it. So if you are only using the Data Manager to get that stuff it creates, copy/save that script code and paste in to any of your other applications. 

2. I'm assuming that you have figured out that you can make changes by clicking the "unlock" button. 

3. If you aren't comfortable adding more data and really want to go back to using the Data Manager view you can. Simple go to the Data Manager and you will need to press the "Run load script" button.

RerunLoad.png

Then you will need to press the "Synchronize scripted tables" button at the bottom of the Data Manager screen.

SynchTables.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Great question. 

1. Know that the Derived fields stuff that is generated by the data manager, can be copied and used for any application that you build from scratch without it. So if you are only using the Data Manager to get that stuff it creates, copy/save that script code and paste in to any of your other applications. 

2. I'm assuming that you have figured out that you can make changes by clicking the "unlock" button. 

3. If you aren't comfortable adding more data and really want to go back to using the Data Manager view you can. Simple go to the Data Manager and you will need to press the "Run load script" button.

RerunLoad.png

Then you will need to press the "Synchronize scripted tables" button at the bottom of the Data Manager screen.

SynchTables.png

francofiorillo
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks for the clarifications