Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QlikBeginner1
Creator
Creator

set analysis help

Hello.

I am creating a simple report in Qlik. I have created the QVD and pulling through the fields into the app.

I am trying to understand how to manipulate the report to show results based off some rules?

An example of some rules I am trying to implement are: 

Compare Bound date and inception date:
If Transaction date < Inception date then include in the report
If Transaction Type = “New Business” then include in the report extract if:
Policy effective date > reporting date 

If the Transaction Type = “Renewal” then include in the report extract if:
Policy Effective date > reporting date 

I have the Transaction Type dimension in the table, as well as effective date and the reporting date (reload date of the report). however I am trying to undestand how to implement those rules into the set anaylsis? Can someone please help to allow me to understand how to do this? I do have some measures, such as Sum (gwp) field. any help please would be greatly appreciated, 

1 Reply
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can't you simplify like this?

Sum(If(([Transaction date] < [Inception date]) or ([Transaction Type] = 'New Business') or ([Policy effective date] > [reporting date]) or ([Transaction Type] = 'Renewal') or ([Policy Effective date] > [reporting date]), gwp))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful