Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SebDeFrance
Contributor
Contributor

slow performance ODBC connector to AS400/DB2 database

Hello community,

I have a problem with ODBC connector to an AS400/DB2 database on my qliksense enterprise server.

I LOAD data’s from an AS400/DB2 database with an ODBC driver. It was working perfectly during more than one year, but suddenly the performances has been downgraded.

Before the problem, I extract data’s from one specific table in 40 seconds, and now, it could take more than 10 minutes….

During the extraction, the downloading seems to be idle. For example, it was extracting correctly during 11 seconds (see below) and after, was waiting during 2 minutes…before to continue to download.

1.png

I already tried :

• to update my driver ODBC version
  • to optimise my driver ODBC configuration
  • to update Qliksense enterprise version

This same extraction works perfectly on my QlikSense Desktop version.

I don’t know what to do, every morning I am forced to manually extract data’s from my AS400/DB2 database with a desktop version, instead of using my enterprise server version.

I use this ODBC driver.

2.png

My qliksense Entreprise version is : 

3.png

I already check error messages on my AS400.

Labels (5)
1 Reply
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi @SebDeFrance ,

It sounds like you've done all the sensible things already and isolated the issue most likely to the interaction between the ODBC driver and Qlik Sense Enterprise. Is there another ODBC driver you could try? Otherwise I'd be asking Qlik Support for some help on this one.

Cheers,

Rod