Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naamah
Contributor III
Contributor III

sorting cahrts with hierarchial date field

Hi, 

I use app right to left and this cannot be changed ...

when I display a chart with an heirarchial date field, i sort the year in a descending order (2018->2023), but when i drill to month, it changes to ascending order (12->01). I tried to sort by expression but it always referenced to the highr level of the heirarchy. (I want all levels to be displayed from left to right: 2018->2023......01->12)

can someone advise?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Assuming you are referring to a drill-down dimension, when you apply sorting that is not "Auto", you are given the option to set the sorting for each member dimension separately.

Or_0-1690376520577.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Assuming you are referring to a drill-down dimension, when you apply sorting that is not "Auto", you are given the option to set the sorting for each member dimension separately.

Or_0-1690376520577.png

naamah
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

thanks for your reply, I know that i can use an expression to sort but practically it refers to the top level of the hierarchy only. therfor, years are sorting descending (left to right) but when i drill to months' it sorts ascending (right to left).

I assume the reason is beacuse I use righ-to-left in app settings (can't change it).

I need a solution to come over this sorting issue...

thanks