Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

jblomqvist
Contributor II

Is it possible to stop users from creating new applications in Qlik Sense Enterprise? Is so, how?

Hi all,

Is it possible to stop users from creating new applications in Qlik Sense Enterprise from the Hub? Is so, how?

It seems like anyone who has access to the Hub can create an app.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sarahplymale
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to stop users from creating new applications in Qlik Sense Enterprise? Is so, how?

Yes, it should be possible within the security rules.  I believe that there is a default rule allowing everyone to create apps (shown below). If you modify this with certain user groups that should restrict app creation to only specific user groups instead of all users that are not anonymous. 

2016-11-23_13-28-52.png

3 Replies
sarahplymale
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to stop users from creating new applications in Qlik Sense Enterprise? Is so, how?

Yes, it should be possible within the security rules.  I believe that there is a default rule allowing everyone to create apps (shown below). If you modify this with certain user groups that should restrict app creation to only specific user groups instead of all users that are not anonymous. 

2016-11-23_13-28-52.png

pascal_theurot
Contributor II

Hi John,

You have to change the default "CreateApp" rule to exclude the users you don't want to create apps.

using the default rule, the user is allowed to create apps and have the stream "my work" avalaible :

creation.jpg

Exclude users or change the following rule :

rule.jpg

After exclusion, the personnal stream and the ability to create apps are removed :

nocreation.jpg

jblomqvist
Contributor II

Thank you all, both are very useful and right answers Sarah and Pascal!