Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bar Chart from Straight Table

I have the following straight table:

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 02.27.08.png

All except "Script Number"  and "Month-Year Dispensed" are calculated values through expressions.  I need to create a bar chart with average (TRx Traffic) on the Y- Axis and Month-Year on the X-Axis.  Can this be done and if so, how?

Regards.

10 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Christopher,

Did you try with Dimension as Month Year and TrxTraffic as Expression in the Bar Chart?

Trx_Traffic:

=Interval(sum(Trx_Time_Dispensed)-Above(TOTAL sum(Trx_Time_Dispensed)),'mm:ss')

Trx_Time_Dispensed - this should be your actual expression used for Trx_TimeDispensed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you very much Settu

I am getting the following, which is obviously wrong:

Screen Shot 2015-10-21 at 09.02.32.png

My TRx_Time_Dispensed (which is "Time Dispensed" in my expression below is calculated and not loaded inline as in your example.  My expression is as follows:

=Interval(sum([Time Dispensed])-Above(TOTAL sum([Time Dispensed])),'mm:ss')

unfortunately i cannot upload the QVW document as it is too big.

Regards.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi,

May be check format of your Time Dispensed Field. Is that date with time or Time only?

Without sample, it is difficult to say. Just Create the sample with Limited Data.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, most appreciated.

Time dispensed is calculated as follows:

=Time([Date Dispensed], 'hh:mm:ss')

i will create a sample with limited data.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Please find attached QVW document.  i need to be able to filter with Branch and Year.

Regards

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Christopher,

Try to add the fields (TRx Time Dispensed and TRx Traffic) into your script. Then, it would be easy to do the calculation in the chart.

Load

Your Other Fields,

Time(Interval([Date Dispensed],'hh:mm:ss'),'hh:mm:ss') as TRx_Time_Dispensed,

Interval([Date Dispensed]-Previous([Date Dispensed]),'hh:mm:ss') as TRx_Traffic

From Source;

Check the Attachment.

I used the Avg function in Bar Chart, You can change it based on your need.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Settu

Thank you very much, i will try it out and advise accordingly.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Settu

Thank you very much, this is the right direction i should take.  I have a slight complication which can be seen from the fact table preview below:

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 20.22.31.png

A Script (Prescription) can have more than 1 item and the TRx_Time_Dispensed will be the same for the same script.  You will see in the above screen shot that we have zero TRx_Traffic in some cases for a prescription with more than one item.  This means that the creation of this field during load needs to be adjusted so as to take account of this as a simple 'previous' will give the above resulting in errors during average calculation.  There is a need to consider distinct Script Number in calculating TRx_Traffic during script load.

A long solution to this is to export the straight table to Excel and use this as your data source.  This is obviously laborious but gives the required results as seen in the chart below.

Screen Shot 2015-10-22 at 21.01.45.png

Is there a way of taking into account distinct Script Number at script load when deriving the field TRx_Traffic?

Regards.

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Hi Christopher,

Yes. i checked it. Some of the Script Number is available in 2 years also.

e.g 129410, 129617 (these entered in 2013 and 2014).

So, just i changed the script, if the Date Dispensed = Previous(Date Dispensed) is true, then we can make it as Null, Else, the Normal Interval Expression.

if([Date Dispensed]=Previous([Date Dispensed]),'',

Interval([Date Dispensed]-Previous([Date Dispensed]),'hh:mm:ss')) as TRx_Traffic,

Then, you can use  Avg expression.

For me, i'm getting like the below screen shot..

Capture.JPG

Attached for your reference