Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Data points getting overlapped by Line chart in Qlikview

Hi All,

I've a Line graph with three KPI metrics, the issue here is some the values are either getting overlapped by the Line itself or by the data value of another expression value.

Please suggest if any work around to solve this.

Please refer to the mock app with screenshot

line.JPG

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Jan didn't look right where 398 was lower than 354... changed the expressions to this for the display of numbers

Dual(RangeMin(sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty)), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty) * 0.90)

and

Dual(RangeMax(sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty)), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty) * 1.1)

image.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

I simplified your expression from 3 expressions to 2 expressions. Also, this is not perfect, but my solution is based on these two threads

Stopping values on data points overlapping

Values Overlapping on Chart

image.png

So, basically I created two new expressions for displaying the value

Dual(sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty) * 0.90)
Dual(sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty) * 1.1)

and both these lines are set with a background color of ARGB(0, 0, 0, 0). Also, removed 'Value on Data Points' for your actual expressions.

sunny_talwar

Jan didn't look right where 398 was lower than 354... changed the expressions to this for the display of numbers

Dual(RangeMin(sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty)), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty) * 0.90)

and

Dual(RangeMax(sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year))"}>}SoldQty), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty)), sum({$<Year={"$(=max(Year)-1)"}>}SoldQty) * 1.1)

image.png