Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Error: Cannot open file

When try to hit 1 particular QVD using QMC, It fails with Error: "Cannot open file".

Though all QVDs are store at same path , but error comes for 1 particular qvd only and other QVDs gets loaded successfully.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

10 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

--> check the file name properly some times they change the file name.

-->if possible try to call that same qvd in a Desktop version so that you will find that issue easily.

Not applicable
Author

I think Rama has some good points but it can also be good to double check the store part of the scrip that creates the QVD to make sure the format defection of the file is set correct so you get a correct header of the file.

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

In addition to what Rama has suggested, check these:

• If the QVD exists and has the correct name, does it have any content? A file size of 0 bytes will cause trouble...
  • Check the NTFS properties of the QVD file. If your LOAD script is unabled to open an existing QVD, it may not have the correct permissions. For example, if you put the QVD on your server using a different account than the one running the services, there may be problems.

Best,

Peter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok........ but Sometimes that QVD gets loaded successful and sometimes it fails.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Can you share that bit of your logfile please?

If not enabled then check the box under settings> document properties > generate logfile and then reload.

Could be that its being locked by another process, could be that the file is too large and there is a disk space issue? Just a couple of additional suggestions.

Not applicable
Author

But is it the same QVD or is it replaced (new reload etc)? Is the other processes/tasks that access the same QVD?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thank u all for suggestions.

hampus.von.platen‌ yes QVD is same and no other process accessing it.

adamdavi3s‌ sorry but I cant share log.

egoss_cynosure_
Contributor II
Contributor II

I had the same issue loading QVDs in an app with the QMC. This error only occurred when I had a full file path to the QVD rather than a relative path.

qlikviewwizard
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Try this work around.

Rename existing QVD and recreate it.