Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s10157754
Creator III
Creator III

How to drill down from a big group of pie chart into more specific group of pie chart.

Hi Qlikview Experts,

This might be easy for you all but I have faced difficulties in creating a pie chart with drill down group. I have 2 fields which are "MachineNumber" & "Result" respectively. In "MachineNumber" field contains '149','109', '164' etc. In "Result" field contains 'battery_low', 'battery_full', 'machine_down', 'machine_good', 'machine_bad', 'machine_perfect' etc.

I have created a pie chart and let "MachineNumber" to be the dimension. Then I want to count how many times does 'machine_down' 'machine_good' and 'machine_bad' have appeared in % form, so I have created an expression syntax as follow:

=(count({<[Result] = {'machine_down','machine_good','machine_bad'}>}[Result])) / (count(Result) *100

At this juncture, I am still able to get the half of the goal that I desired. The legend of this pie chart displayed the MachineNumber.

Capture.JPG

Then the problems come. Now I would like to create a drill down group and see the more specific % of a particular outcome inside one of the slices of this pie chart. Let say I would like to see MachineNumber 149 which is 59.8% (Containing the % of 'machine_down' 'machine_good' and 'machine_bad'), If user click on this slice, it should be able to drill down and display the % in a more specific pie chart for:

% of 'machine_down' (Maybe like 20%)

% of 'machine_good'  (Maybe like 10%)

% of 'machine_bad'.   (Maybe like 29.8%)

But I have difficulties in doing this 2nd part of my goal. I hope Qlikview Experts like you can help me solve this problem. Appreciate a lot for your help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What are your dimensions? Add Result field in your dimension and see? Can you share your app if possible to work on?

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Shiva123
Creator
Creator

try this one 

=AGGR(NO DISTINCT (count({<[Result] = {'machine_down','machine_good','machine_bad'}>}[Result])),measures) / (count(Result) *100

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your suggestion. I did tried to change my expression according to the one you mentioned above. However, it looks like there are errors in this expression and pie chart was unable to display any data by using this one.

Regards,

QianNing

Shiva123
Creator
Creator

remove the no distinct  and try,one more thing that aggr field is measures which i may have written wrong .

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shiva,

The expression somehow just not working and I have no idea where went wrong...The following picture attached is the situation I was facing now.Capture.JPG

1.JPG

Best Regards,

QianNing

Shiva123
Creator
Creator

here i see the problem ,instead of percentage after result  in the  numerator use MachineNumber

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Shiva,

I have changed the expression syntax and there is no more errors. However, when I clicked on my pie chart and try to drill in to see the more specific % for 3 different outcomes, the pie chart is not working properly. The following pictures attached is the new situation I was facing now.

Before Click on machine 109:

1.JPG

After Click on machine 109:

2.JPG

The amount of percentage still remains the same. This is not the correct display, it suppose to show the individual % for machine_down, machine_good, and machine_bad. Hope to hear from you soon!

Best Regards,

QianNing

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What are your dimensions? Add Result field in your dimension and see? Can you share your app if possible to work on?

s10157754
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Vishwarath,

The following pictures attached is the drill down group I have used in my dimension.

1.JPG

2.JPG

4.JPG

Best Regards,

QianNing

kritikak
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

How did resolve as i am facing the same issue in pie chart drill down?

Thanks 

Kritika