Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abhi1693r
Contributor II
Contributor II

Locking columns in a multibox

Hi,

I have a multibox with 5 columns from an excel sheet. The columns Any selection from one of these columns automatically changes the other columns which is okay. But I want the user to select only one of these 5 columns. How can I make sure that after selection of one, others get locked??

3 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi Abhi,

Hope you already know that we/Qlik will follow  Associative Data Model,Auto Concatenate & Full outer Join by default.

coming to your requirement

Product_ID  Prod_Name  Prod_Price  Prod_Quantity  Prod_Location

123                  Coca-Cola          20                     250Ml                 Hyderabad

if user selects ,Product_ID 123 (Green Color)then automatically remaining 4 fields will show the Associative data related to selected item (in White Color) so it is by default phenomena in QlikView.  even you can observe the same in Excel files also when you filter the data

if i am not clear your doubt, could you please explain your requirement with an example ? so that our folks also will help you ASAP.

else if it is urgent please feel free to call me on India 8376 964 36Four
Akhil_Reddy
Contributor III
Contributor III

5 COLOUMS A,B,C,D,E IN MULTIBOX.

GO TO DOC PROPERTIES AND

CREATE FIELD EVENT TRIGGER FOR FIELD A

-> ADD  1ST ACTION -> TO SELECT THE POSSIBLE --> FIELD B

--> ADD 2ND ACTION--> TO LOCK THE FIELD-->FIELDB

--> ADD 3RD ACTION--> TO SELECT THE POSSIBLE --> FIELD C

--> ADD 4TH ACTION--> TO LOCK THE FIELD-->FIELDC

--> ADD 5TH ACTION--> TO SELECT THE POSSIBLE --> FIELD D

--> ADD 6TH ACTION--> TO LOCK THE FIELD-->FIELD D

--> ADD 7TH ACTION--> TO SELECT THE POSSIBLE --> FIELD E

--> ADD 8TH ACTION--> TO LOCK THE FIELD-->FIELD E

----------------------------------------

REPEAT SAME FOR ALL OTHER FIELDS B,C,D,E.

THIS HELPS IN LOCKING ALL OTHER COLOUMS IN MULTIBOX WHEN U SELECT A PARTICULAR COLOUM AND USER CANNOT SELECT THE VALUE FROM OTHER LOCKED FIELDS UNTIL HE CLICK ON CLEAR BUTTON AND SELECT OTHER VALUE FROM OTHER COLOUMN.

THANKS

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you mean that you want the user to be able to make a selection in one list box only?

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein