Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
parvez933
Creator
Creator

New

Hi Everyone!

I have attended an interview call! where I was not able to answer most of questions. So I need your help to resolve the questions to be prepared for my next interview.

Note: I am listing questions, please reply me either with the question number wise for which you will be replying.

Please help!

Questions:

1. How to RENAME a field in its every occurrence of the dashboard to avoid synthetic keys?

Ex: Table1-> Name ||||| Table2->Name |||||| Table7-> Name

2.How to access a corrupted file

i. Where section access is available

ii. Where section access is NOT available

3. Can we use third party database username/password inside the section of an QVW?

4. Is there any other way to achieve the section access apart from the script level?

5. What are over lapping charts and how you can achieve them?

6. In a binary load there is a date from the year 2013 to 2018, but on reload how to restrict/reload only the data of the years 2016 or above?

As I am new, I was not aware of these things. Some of the questions may look simple. But as a fresh I am not able to get the answers!

Reply will be most appreciated!

2 Replies
ramasaisaksoft

Hi My Dear Friend,

Questions:

1. How to RENAME a field in its every occurrence of the dashboard to avoid synthetic keys?

Ex: Table1-> Name ||||| Table2->Name |||||| Table7-> Name

To avoid Synthetic Keys we will follow below options

-->Create "Alias" Name

-->"Comment" the Un-necessary column/Field

-->Use "Qualify" before the Load

2.How to access a corrupted file

i. Where section access is available

ii. Where section access is NOT available :Use the file as source file("Binary load ") into another qvw file and create the UI again.

3. Can we use third party database username/password inside the section of an QVW?:As i Know "NO"

4. Is there any other way to achieve the section access apart from the script level? As i know ,we don't have any option other than script

5. What are over lapping charts and how you can achieve them?: to overcome the Overlapping in QlikView  Go to properties of the object->Layout-->Layer( you can choose Bottom, Normal, Top, Custom) as per your convenience

6. In a binary load there is a date from the year 2013 to 2018, but on reload how to restrict/reload only the data of the years 2016 or above?:If you are talking about a BINARY load of a QVW into another QVW, I believe you can't filter the data model when loading in, so the answer is NO.

Let us know if you have any other doubts or reach me on +91 8376 964 364 i will help you what i know.All the best for your job searching

parvez933
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey Rama sai,

Thank you! for your response. I will contact you if further required.