Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Pass current selection to another qvw file

Hello, I am new to qlik. I have 2 qvw files, one is test.qvw and the other is test_open.qvw.

Now, I want to pass current selections (Month) from test.qvw to test_open.qvw. I tried to use "open qlik document" and transfer state and it is successful. However, this method is not work after the test_open.qvw is opened. For example, I selected Dec in the first time and change it to May, the selection in test_open.qvw has not change to May.

pic of test.PNG

pic of test_open.PNG

So what should I do? Is it possible to use marco?

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried the Open QlikView Document? It has the option to Transfer State

Capture.PNG

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Important to note that the fields must have the same name in both apps and values the same exact spelling (upper or lowercase, etc.).

As long as they do, then Sunny's solution will work.

sunny_talwar

mbaeyens‌ -  The name is Sunny

I wonder why so many people call me Sunil

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I have. However, I found that it can only pass current selection once. When I select options in test.qvw again, test_open.qvw has not change. I have referenced other posts and someone said that if the file keep opening, the transfer state is not usable.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Man, apologies for that! I used to be good at names!

I have corrected the post and hope it does not happen again

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Do you have Open in QlikView in both and Transfer State in both? I have it working in several apps so you can move from one to another just fine.

sunny_talwar

It's no problem