Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Traffic Light Single Light

I am trying to set up a KPI Traffic light gauge which only shows 1 circle which changes between red/amber/green based on the net sales v budget results.

eg. Net Sales v Budget formula is:

sum(([Net Sales]-[Net Sales Budget])/[Net Sales Budget])

with the following traffic light limits:

RED: Net Sales <-1%

AMBER: -1% <Net Sales>1%

GREEN: Net Sales >1%

I have tried using a gauge chart with three different segments under the 'Presentation' tab however I don't want 3 lights, just one which changes depending on the month selection.

Is this possible? Would it be easier to set up an action in a text object?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you're satisfied with the answers, please mark them Correct (to close the thread) or Helpful (if it helped but didn't answer your questions)

and you're welcome^^

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

on your gauge chart go to "Presentation" tab, under "Indicator" > "Mode" > Select "Single Light"

Regards,

Alex

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alexis. I have tried selecting 'single light' mode but when I try and change Segment 2 gauge setting min/max it keeps defaulting to the same min/max as my Segment 1. ie I can't seem to set different min, max for 2 segments.

I have also tried setting a different 'lower bound' for each segment but that still doesn't allow me to set two different min/max ranges.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

the min and max is for all your segments.

If you want to set a min and max per segment, you should use the lower bound

example:

Min = 0

Max= 100

segment 1: lower bound: 0 (it means segment 1 will start to 0)

segment 2: lower bound: 30 (it means segment 2 will start to 30 and segment 1 will end to 29.99)

etc

Not applicable
Author

Ok great thanks Alexis that worked well. One more question - if I want to set limits based on % performance:

RED: Net Sales <-1%

AMBER: -1% <Net Sales>1%

GREEN: Net Sales >1%

How do I set the gauge settings and lower  bound for a %?

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Set it like,

Min = -1 (if min = -100%) -0.1 (if you anticipate your max as -10%)

Max = 1 (if max =100%) 0.1 (if you anticipate your max as 10%)

lower bounds if 10% (0.1)

so on your example,

segment 1 (RED): lower bound should be your min

segment 2 (AMBER): lower bound should be 0 (but if you consider -.99% as AMBER then change it)

segment 3 (GREEN): lower bound should be 0.01 (if it should be green when it hit 1%) or 0.011 (if 1.1%)

Not applicable
Author

Cool thanks Alexis! You have been a great help

Not applicable
Author

If you're satisfied with the answers, please mark them Correct (to close the thread) or Helpful (if it helped but didn't answer your questions)

and you're welcome^^