cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Tree Hierarchy selection

Hi everyone,

I am new to Qlikview.

I created a tree hierarchy for three fields. Sector -> Segment -> Sub-segment. However, in my list box, I would like to be able to select a sector, and have it automatically select all relevant segments and sub-sugments. Is this possible?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

The sector values must be included as seperate values in the field.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MarcoWedel

The sector values must be included as seperate values in the field.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

HI,

In fact, QlikView return all possible values associated of your selection. If you select a Sector, QlikView return all possibles Segment and Sub-segment values.

Best regards

Not applicable
Author

Thank you both very much for your responses.

Right now, my list box is using a Field that we constructed in Excel, with the three levels concatenated in a separate column as "Sector"-"Segment"-"Sub-Segment". We then selected "Show as TreeView", with separator -.

Does this method not allow me to select a sector or segment in the list box, and automatically select everything beneath it?

MarcoWedel

Add additional rows in your excel sheet which contain only the selector value without "-"and segment or sub-segment values. One row for each distinct selector value.

Regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Thank you! That helps

Not applicable
Author

Marco's answer explained this, and I also found an example here: Hierarchy in QlikView

qliklearnervir
Creator
Creator

Hi Macro,

I have an issue with a tree-view list box that I want to show same tree-view list box in multiple sheets. 

when expand and collapse list box in 1 sheet, I want same list box should show in other sheets with same expand and collapse.

I tried but I feel, this feature is not available in QlikView.

Sheet 1 list box image.

clipboard_image_0.png

SHeet 2 list box image

clipboard_image_1.png

PriyankaT
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue. How it got resolved? Can someone please elaborate in detail