Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajap123
Creator II
Creator II

master calender linking

Hi All,

I have startdate and enddate in my fact table. I have generated master calender using startdate and enddate fields in the fact table.

I am not sure how can i connect the DATE field generated in the master calender to the fact table as you know the fact table contain 2 date columns ie startdate and enddate.

Regards,

Suraj

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
its_anandrjs

On the basis on one date field you can connect like but at a time only one

Fact:

Load

startdate  as DATE //But you have to confirm from which date you have to connect.

From Source:

MasterCalendar:

Load

DATE

From Location;

View solution in original post

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Final Date of your master calendar should be renamed as per your fact table date..

i.e. [invoice date]  or [purchase date]

So, QlikView script will automatically make association between your master calendar and your fact table due to common field name.

its_anandrjs

On the basis on one date field you can connect like but at a time only one

Fact:

Load

startdate  as DATE //But you have to confirm from which date you have to connect.

From Source:

MasterCalendar:

Load

DATE

From Location;

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Manish,

There are 2 date fields in fact table (ie StartDate and EndDate) of the Booking.

I know that i can rename the field to link the master calender with fact table, but there are 2 date fields.

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

1) How you have created Master Calendar....?

2) StartDate and EndDate both are for each line?

Not applicable

handling multiple dates in fact tables is purely based on what is your requirement. check this great post by HIC

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2014/02/17/canonical-date

surajap123
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I also have a single date field in my fact table, which is the booking date. I connected the master calender to that field.

Thanks a lot for the inputs !!

richard_pearce6
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

For anyone who needs a Calendar - Here's a 'AsOf' Calendar script which makes set analysis very simple.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6593

Regards

Richard

QlikCentral.Com