Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours - Bring your Ideation questions- May 15th, 11 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

question about the listbox

Hi,

I'd like to make a listbox where multiple choice is possible but not less the one value must be always selected. Is it possible?

When I try 'Always one selected Value' option in properties, it doesn't allow multiple choice.

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached qvw.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In your example the value Banana is locked, it means that a user can select Banana plus any other brand, it is not possible to clear Banana.

My idea was different. At least one value must be always selected. But it mustn't be a certain value (in your example it is Banana). It can be any one value from all values present. I wanted to alow a user to select any one, two, etc. values, but make it not possible to clear selection if only one value is currently selected.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Ok, see attached example.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

I've investigated the properties of your listbox, but I can't understand how you did it.

What functionality lies behind it?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See the OnSelect field trigger of the Product field on the Triggers tab of the Document Properties window.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Gysbert,

I tried to use your approach in my model, but it doesn't work. I set a trigger action for the field Brand. But it is still possible to clear all brands.

See the file attached.

Why it doesn't work in this example?

See the file attached.

Thank you in advance,

Larisa

jafari_ervin
Creator III
Creator III

That's Great

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP