Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

set analysis

Hi Experts,

I need to do an expression which shows difference of current month value & last 3 months average value.

I did the expression as

(Sum({< MonthYear =,Date= {">=$(=date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate)))<=$(=date(vMaxSalesDate))"}>}sales)

/

Sum({<MonthYear =,Date= {">=$(=date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate)))<=$(=date(vMaxSalesDate))"}>}Workingdays))

-

Avg(aggr(

(Sum({<MonthYear =,Date= {'>=$(=Date(MONTHSTART(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -3))))<=$(=Date(MONTHEND(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -1))))'} >} sales)

/

Sum({<MonthYear =,Date= {'>=$(=Date(MONTHSTART(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -3))))<=$(=Date(MONTHEND(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -1))))'} >} Workingdays))

,Branch))

Is the expression wrong? if so, Please help me with the correct expression.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yes. current month means MTD.

i need to provide data for the daily improvement.

even if it is negative, no problem

sunny_talwar

Have you checked if each of the component alone is working as you would expect? I see 4 expressions,  I would suggest to break them down into 4 expressions to check if one of them is not behaving or if all is not behaving. Once you have that, we can move forward from there.

Also try the below expression, I made some minor enhancements and deleted some stuff which was not really necessary:

(Sum({<MonthYear = , Date = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate)))<=$(=Date(vMaxSalesDate))"}>}sales)

/

Sum({<MonthYear =, Date = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate)))<=$(=Date(vMaxSalesDate))"}>} Workingdays))

-

(Avg(Aggr(Sum({<MonthYear =, Date = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate, -3)))<=$(=Date(MonthEnd(vMaxSalesDate, -1)))"}>} sales)

/

Sum({<MonthYear =, Date = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate, -3)))<=$(=Date(MonthEnd(vMaxSalesDate, -1)))"}>} Workingdays), Branch)))

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Try this

=(Sum({< MonthYear =,Date= {">=$(=date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate)))<=$(=date(vMaxSalesDate))"}>}sales)

/

Sum({<MonthYear =,Date= {">=$(=date(MonthStart(vMaxSalesDate)))<=$(=date(vMaxSalesDate))"}>}Workingdays))

-

(Sum({<MonthYear =,Date= {'>=$(=Date(MONTHSTART(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -3))))<=$(=Date(MONTHEND(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -1))))'} >} sales)

/

Sum({<MonthYear =,Date= {'>=$(=Date(MONTHSTART(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -3))))<=$(=Date(MONTHEND(AddMonths(vMaxSalesDate, -1))))'} >} Workingdays))

I am not sure why you are using Aggr with Branch?

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

hi Jagan,

i tried this without Aggr.

but it is not giving average

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach sample file and your expected result for particular selections, so that it would be easier to understand and provide solution.

Regards,

Jagan.