Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

set default month in your expression based on the year/s selected?

Hi

I am still new to Qlikview and need some assistance especially with Set Analysis.

Lets assume I only have 2 selection options (Year and Months)

The data loaded is cumulative / YTD, meaning if you select Feb, it returns data for Jan & Feb

In view of the above statement, I need a set analysis in my expression to for the following scenarios:

1. In a case where only one YEAR is selected (no months selected), return data for the LastMonthAvailable for the selected YEAR

E.g.1      Selection = 2017

Results = December 2017 data (if we have full year data) /

Results = "Last Month Available In 2017"  (if for instance we have data for Jan to July, then it should return data for July)

2. In a case where more than one YEAR is selected (no months selected), return data for the LastMonthAvailable  of the GreatestYear

E.g.1      Selection = 2017 & 2018

Results = "December 2018" data (if we have full year data) /

Results = "Last Month Available In 2018" (if for instance we have data for Jan to July, then it should return data for July)

3. In a case where a YEAR is selected with (one specific month selected), return data for that specific month.

E.g.1      Selection  = 2018 , June

Results = "June 2018" data

4. In a case where a YEAR is selected with (more than one month selected), return data for the GreatestMonth.

E.g.1      Selection  = 2018 , June & July

Results = "July 2018" data

Please help me edit  this expression to cater for the above statements

=sum(Sales_Amount)

0 Replies