Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

set default month in your expression based on the year/s selected?

Hi

I am still new to Qlikview and need some assistance especially with Set Analysis.

Lets assume I only have 2 selection options (Year and Months)

The data loaded is cumulative / YTD, meaning if you select Feb, it returns data for Jan & Feb

In view of the above statement, I need a set analysis in my expression to for the following scenarios:

1. In a case where only one YEAR is selected (no months selected), return data for the LastMonthAvailable for the selected YEAR

E.g.1      Selection = 2017

Results = December 2017 data (if we have full year data) /

Results = "Last Month Available In 2017"  (if for instance we have data for Jan to July, then it should return data for July)

2. In a case where more than one YEAR is selected (no months selected), return data for the LastMonthAvailable  of the GreatestYear

E.g.1      Selection = 2017 & 2018

Results = "December 2018" data (if we have full year data) /

Results = "Last Month Available In 2018" (if for instance we have data for Jan to July, then it should return data for July)

3. In a case where a YEAR is selected with (one specific month selected), return data for that specific month.

E.g.1      Selection  = 2018 , June

Results = "June 2018" data

4. In a case where a YEAR is selected with (more than one month selected), return data for the GreatestMonth.

E.g.1      Selection  = 2018 , June & July

Results = "July 2018" data

Please help me edit  this expression to cater for the above statements

=sum(Sales_Amount)

0 Replies