Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE

GeoAnalytics could not communicate with the license server during license activation

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sebastian_Linser

GeoAnalytics could not communicate with the license server during license activation

Last Update:

Jul 1, 2021 9:44:18 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Feb 10, 2021 5:07:49 AM

Attachments

After the Qlik GeoAnalytics installation, an activation of the product is required. During the use of the Qlik GeoAnalytics License Activation Tool you might see the error message:

Could not communicate with the license server. Check your internet connection.

GEO__Warning_key.png

Environment

• GeoAnalytics all versions prior November 2020

Resolution

The best way to resolve the issue is to install a version post November 2020. Until the upgrade here is a workaround:

Create a file called GeoAnalyticsLicenseTool.exe.config in the same folder as the license tool executable, C:\Program Files (x86)\QlikView\GeoAnalyticsLicenseTool .

Paste this inside:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> 

<configuration>
    <runtime>       
        <AppContextSwitchOverrides value="Switch.System.Net.DontEnableSystemDefaultTlsVersions=false"/> 
    </runtime>
</configuration>

Cause 

The LEF license servers have been moved to another location and are now using TLS 1.2 as a default.

Labels (2)
Comments
jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi and thank you for this article.

I tried to use the config fil you mention, but with it, is it not possible for me anymore to launch GeoAnalyticsLicenseTool.exe

Best regards.

Joh

jchoucq
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
In fact, there is an error in the xml proposed <AppContextSwitchOverridesvalue must be <AppContextSwitchOverrides value

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @jchoucq! Thank you for catching this! I will update the article immediately. 

Sumaira
Contributor
Contributor

I installed GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics plus Feb-2024 with QlikSense Enterprise Nov-2023. I also get the exactly the same error as in the snippet above.

Tried this workaround. Did not help either. Still get the same error.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Sumaira 

Please post about the issue you are encountering directly in the Qlik GeoAnalytics forum, where our active support agents and your knowledgeable Qlik peers can assist you.

All the best,
Sonja 

Version history
Last update:
‎2021-07-01 09:44 AM
Updated by: