The purpose of this guide is to walk through how to change the path in which Apps, ArchivedLogs, Custom Data, and Repository content are stored when using Qlik Sense June 2017 or higher.
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, November 2019
Note1: Some older releases (e.g. June 2017) of Qlik Sense Enterprise did not include the QlikSenseUtil.exe tool. A copy for older releases is attached to this article for use at end-customer's own risk since it is no longer supported.
Newer releases of QlikSenseUtil.exe require the port number for the Postgres database to be filled in. (Default is 4432). It also has the option to "Use SSL" if database traffic encryption has been enabled. (see Qlik Sense - Setting up database traffic encryption)
Steps as described in the video:
- Navigate to the Service Cluster section of the Qlik Sense Management Console to determine the current share path
- Create a new folder for share on the intended destination.
- Share this path through Windows file sharing as shown in Fig 1
- Right-Click, select Properties
- Open the Sharing tab
- Press Share...
- In the available menu add the service account to have Read/Write permissions as visualized in Fig 2
- Copy the Network path to a text editor for reference later
- Stop all Qlik Sense services except for the Qlik Sense Repository Database / PostgreSQL on all nodes
- Move the Apps, ArchivedLogs, CustomData, and StaticContent folders from the previous share location to the new share
- (R-Click run as administrator) Open the QlikSenseUtil.exe file (default location C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil\QlikSenseUtil.exe)
- If you've customized the installation path for Qlik Sense then it will be located at Drive:\Path\Where\Installed\Repository\Util\QlikSenseUtil\QlikSenseUtil.exe with adjustments to the bolded section to point to where Qlik Sense has been installed
- In QlikSenseUtil:
- Click on the Connect to database button to connect to the underlying Repository Database
- Host Name: Enter the hostname of the Repository database
- Most examples would use localhost if run from the Central Node
- Database user: qliksenserepository
- Modify only if a different account was provided during installation.
- Password: password for the qliksenserepository user
- Next, click on the Service Cluster section and click OK to retrieve the current share path values
- Replace the existing values with the new share path
- Ensure that there are no double slashes in the paths (e.g. \\QlikSense\\Apps) as this is not a logical Windows path
Example before values:
Example after values:
- Click on Save to save the values in the underlying Qlik Sense Repository Database
- Click on Clear to clear the values and then OK to retrieve the values which exist in the underlying database to ensure that the previously entered values were saved in an expected manner
It is ideal here to copy one of the paths and ensure that they work as expected in Windows
- Start all previously stopped Qlik Sense Services