Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More

How to connect to Microsoft Azure using cMQConnectionFactory

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TalendSolutionExpert
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to connect to Microsoft Azure using cMQConnectionFactory

Last Update:

Feb 9, 2024 2:06:24 PM

Updated By:

Jamie_Gregory

Created date:

Apr 1, 2021 6:19:48 AM

Talend Version    6.1.1

Summary

Connecting to Microsoft Azure using cMQConnectionFactory.
Additional Versions 
ProductTalend ESB
ComponentcMQConnectionFactory and cAMQP
Problem Description 
Problem root cause 
Solution or Workaround

In order to send messages to the Microsoft Azure queue using the cAMQP component, you have to configure connection factory.

Following are the steps to set up a connection to Azure in the cMQConnectionFactory component if the Azure endpoint is something like:

Endpoint=sb://mytest.servicebus.windows.net/;SharedAccessKeyName=RootManageSharedAccessKey;SharedAccessKey=1alxVTE9xxxxGFB+E7D7pt7Q74BU0lAzxcvbU+RlJSLs=
  1. In the cMQConnectionFactory component, set the Host and Port as follows:

• Host: "RootManageSharedAccessKey:1alxVTE9xxxxGFB%2BE7D7pt7Q74BU0lAzxcvbU%2BRlJSLs%3D@mytest.servicebus.windows.net"

Note: the special characters in the key need to be substituted with their hex characters. In this example, the plus sign was replaced with %2B and the equals sign was replaced with %3D.

• Port: "5671"

2. Select Use SSL.

JIRA ticket number 
Comments
XtofBernard
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Jamie, 

I am trying to set up Azure Event HUb the way you mentioned in this post, but ... 
I receive the following error message:

The supplied URI cannot contain a User-Info section

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The supplied URI cannot contain a User-Info section

at org.apache.qpid.jms.JmsConnectionFactory.setRemoteURI(JmsConnectionFactory.java:406)

Can you help me please ??
Best regards

Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello @XtofBernard 

Thanks for posting your issue here. Please note that it is for "Service Bus" not for "Event Hub".

Please refer to this official website page about:

https://camel.apache.org/components/latest/azure-eventhubs-component.html

If you need additional assistance on Azure Event Hub, I recommend posting directly in our Qlik Data Integration Formerly Talend forum, where active agents and our active user base are able to give more assistance.

Best regards

Sabrina

Version history
Last update:
‎2024-02-09 02:06 PM
Updated by: