Sending an email over SMTP is only possible with the "Send Mail" block from the Mail connector. Do not confuse this with the native "Send Email" block in Blendr.io standalone environment.
Note: Google has deprecated app passwords & less secure app access for personal accounts since May 2022. This deadline does not apply for Google Workspace or Google Cloud Identity customers, these account types have a later deadline that is not yet communicated. (source)
With the new "Send Mail" block, it is now possible to send emails from your personal email account using SMTP.
For Gmail, execute the following steps to enable SMTP:
- Enable IMAP: go to Settings -> all settings -> Forwarding and POP/IMAP -> enable IMAP
- Generate an app password (see Sign in with app passwords)
- Enter the following settings when creating the connection:
- sender email address: your full email address
- username: leave empty
- host: smtp.gmail.com
- password: the app password (see Sign in with app passwords)
- port: 587
- security: STARTTLS
The information in this article is provided as-is and to be used at own discretion. Depending on tool(s) used, customization(s), and/or other factors ongoing support on the solution below may not be provided by Qlik Support.