Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik and Talend Support Cases are now opened in the same place.

Qlik Cloud: "403 Forbidden" when using either "change-owner" REST API call or qlik-cli command for app objects

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Qlik Cloud: "403 Forbidden" when using either "change-owner" REST API call or qlik-cli command for app objects

Last Update:

Nov 9, 2023 5:53:11 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Nov 9, 2023 5:35:33 AM

Using the change-owner REST API call for app objects or the qlik-cli app object change-owner command results in:

403 - Forbidden (empty response)

403 - forbidden.png

Resolution

This is a current limitation. As specified on the API call information page, the user running the call must be the owner of the object.  Even tenant admins won't be able to run the call, if they are not the object's current owners.

As the qlik-cli command uses the same API call, the behaviour is identical.

Cause 

The user running the call/command is not the object owner.

Environment

Qlik Cloud 

Labels (2)
Comments
mikara89
Contributor II
Contributor II

(Qlik Windows)engineObjectId == (Qlik Cloud)objectId. Don't know is it a bug or not but that is how it works.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @mikara89 , can you please clarify your comment above? Thanks in advance!

mikara89
Contributor II
Contributor II

Ok, I was also getting 403. 

# Retrieve the object and owner
    # If your user subjects in Qlik Cloud don't match directory\userId, use a different approach
    $objectId = $i.engineObjectId
    $ownerSubject = $i.owner.userDirectory + '\\' + $i.owner.userId

but instead of engineObjectId i was trying to change  owner using id field form Qlik Windows, and on that try I was getting 403. Then I use cli to list object and saw that Qlik Saas Cloud objectId is the same as engineObjectId. After changing from $i.id to $i.engineObjectId command was successful(I used rest api not cli in this case). Maybe that is also your case. 

rusnakpe
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Daniele_Purrone,

do you have any solution for this situation? We want to migrate app from on prem solution to cloud and then reassign owners according to on prem app.

We get either 403 Access denied error if we want to change owner directly for published object or unpublish all community sheets and try to change the owner which is ok, but publishing back to community sheet we get the same error as you mentioned in the article.

There is no way how to do that...?

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-11-09 05:53 AM
Updated by: