Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik Community Pages pages show 401 Unauthorized Access error

100% helpful (1/1)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

Qlik Community Pages pages show 401 Unauthorized Access error

Last Update:

Nov 29, 2023 2:58:26 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Feb 16, 2022 4:00:22 AM

The Qlik Download page or Qlik Ideation app do not show their expected content. The web page and browser console display error messages referring to HTTP 401 Unauthorized access, which may look similar to the below examples. 

ToniKautto_1-1645402808230.png

Resolution

The Qlik Download page and Ideation App on Qlik Community require 3rd party cookies as part of the current web integration. The accessing browser must allow 3rd-party cookies while accessing the Qlik Downloads page in order for the page to render successfully. 

The browser does not have to completely allow 3rd party cookies, but can also just allow 3rd cookies for the *.qlik.com or community.qlik.com domain. 

The cookie settings are browser-specific, please consult browser help for more details. 

Cause

The Qlik Download page and Ideation App in Qlik Community are composed by an embedded object hosted in Qlik Cloud. This means cookies for the user session are associated with two different domains, community.qlik.com and qlikcloud.com. The browser refer to the parent page (community.qlik.com) as a 1st party cookie, while the embedded content from a different domain (qlikcloud.com) is referred to as a 3rd party cookie. 

3rd party cookies may be blocked in a browser as a mechanisms to block user tracking and advertisement. Browser incognito mode may also block 3rd party cookies by default as part of keeping the user more anonymous. 

Related Content

Clear, allow & manage cookies in Chrome 
Third-party cookies and Firefox tracking protection 
Microsoft Edge, browsing data, and privacy 
Clear cookies in Safari on Mac 

Labels (1)
Comments
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

UPDATE: It turned out that the issue was on my side. There were some firewall/security rules that were preventing me from reaching the embedded QS sheet on the download page.

In case someone else has the issue of accessing the page, try accessing it on a different network. If you can access the page on your phone through the LTE connection, for example, but not on the network that your PC is on, the issue might be with some firewall or security rules that prevent the QS download sheet from loading.

DavidStrudwick
Contributor II
Contributor II

Looks like the issue for me is that the site requires access to http://qlikcommunity.azurewebsites.net/ which is blocked in my organisation.

alex_thornbury
Contributor II
Contributor II

I currently get the "sad, frowny face" icon with the text "login.qlik.com refused to connect." Any ideas?

alex_thornbury_0-1661464562193.png

alex_thornbury
Contributor II
Contributor II

@DavidStrudwick You are correct. I click on the link you specified and that takes me to the download page. Very helpful work around.

kaminaqvi
Contributor
Contributor

I have resolved this concern just change browsers. 😊

Ansari
Contributor
Contributor

The download page is empty for me. 

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @Ansari 

If you are unable to view the download page, try the following:

1. clear browser cache and log in again
  2. if this does not help, try using a different browser and login again
  3. The download page requires websockets, meaning if your environment does not allow websockets or if websockets are blocked by your firewall, access may not be possible. Speak to your local IT or test using a different network.

Should you be unable to resolve the problem with the above, please contact us by using the Chat Now button in the bottom right corner of the screen.

All the best,
Sonja 

DanCarvin
Contributor II
Contributor II

I'm also seeing a blank Product Download page.   I have enabled 3rd party cookies for qlik.com, azurewebsites.net and qlikcloud.com.   I have also worked with my company's firewall team to no effect.   I am able to see downloads from my personal computer using my home Internet provider.

Can we get a complete list of firewall items that must be open to view Product Downloads?

Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Hello @DanCarvin 

The list you mentioned would be sufficient. Has your IT verified that you allow for WebSocket connections? 

As you have tested this on your home machine and your account has proper access, your IT should be able to help you further by investigating their firewall or proxy log files to see what is being blocked.

All the best,
Sonja 

DanCarvin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Follow up:

For anyone frustrated with the blank download page, I resolved this issue using the Developer Tools function in my browser.  There is a Console  tab that shows all the components a page tries to load, and which ones it fails to load.  Using this I was able to give my firewall engineer the URL of the component being blocked and that resolved the issue.

Cheers!

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-11-29 02:58 AM
Updated by: