Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. READ MORE

Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

No ratings
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Qlik GeoAnalytics Coverage

Last Update:

Feb 27, 2023 6:27:23 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Jun 14, 2017 2:11:53 AM

Attachments

The current coverage of the built in location database in Qlik GeoAnalytics and Qlik Sense native mapchart. See attachments for an overview description and table with content per country.

Labels (1)
Comments
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Use the QGA connector or GeoOperations service operation Load to examine the content of the location database.

Ex country code AU, type area, level Adm2

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Connector/GeoAnalyti...

Thanks

Patric 

rpages
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Patric,

Where can we find the Test version of QGA pour QSense Desktop?

Thanks

Rémi

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@rpages please contact your local Qlik sales rep for a test license.

kummapooja
Contributor
Contributor
Use the following instructions try these letters by doing or putting the following code : Left(Postcode,3)&right(Postcode,3)&',UK:XPC' if you got more words postcode then try to add right and left items more. regards kumma pooja
michael786
Former Employee
Former Employee

The current coverage of the built in location database in Qlik GeoAnalytics and Qlik Sense native mapchart. See attachments for an overview description and table with content per country.

Thanks for the Giving Attachments I got It...... 

Regards

Home || Here

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When trying to load continent areas, 0 results are returned, but all 7 are returned for continent points. 

LIB CONNECT TO 'GAConnector';

/* Generated by GeoAnalytics for operation Load ---------------------- */
[Dataset]:
SQL SELECT [LocationDbId], [Dataset_Geometry], [Dataset_Name], [CountryIso2], [Dataset_Adm1Code], [Dataset_Adm2Code], [LocationDbType] FROM Load(dataset='Dataset')
DATASOURCE Dataset LOCATIONSERVICE geometry='AREA', type='LCONT', country='', serviceName='default'
;
tag field [LocationDbId] with '$primarykey';
tag field [Dataset_Geometry] with '$geopolygon';
tag field [LocationDbId] with '$geoname';
tag field [Dataset_Geometry] with '$relates_LocationDbId';
tag field [LocationDbId] with '$relates_Dataset_Geometry';
/* End GeoAnalytics operation Load ----------------------------------- */
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@jheasley yes, no areas, the db only contains points for continents.

Thanks,

Patric

jheasley
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I figured that was the likely issue, I was able to do a dissolve off of a country geofile that I loaded.  Also as info (i already have a workaround) when doing a LOAD from GeoAnalytics, Western Sahara, Palestine, and French Guiana don't come back in the list, but if you use the data manager, they are successfully looked up.  Not sure why there might be a disconnect, but i thought you'd like to know!

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Kingjagi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi is there is GIS data (like postal code )  for Singapore?

Please confirm and give some directions how to get. 

Jonas_Karlsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You´ll find a lot of geodata (GIS data) for Singapore here: https://data.gov.sg/
Then you can load it (eg the shp files) into Qlik Sense using the Qlik GeoAnaltyics connector.

Cheers

/Jonas

Version history
Last update:
‎2023-02-27 06:27 AM
Updated by: