Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More

Qlik Replicate 2024.5 and DB2i Source Endpoint leads to conversion errors with NUMERIC Datatype

100% helpful (2/2)
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Qlik Replicate 2024.5 and DB2i Source Endpoint leads to conversion errors with NUMERIC Datatype

Last Update:

Sep 9, 2024 7:09:08 AM

Updated By:

Sonja_Bauernfeind

Created date:

Aug 30, 2024 10:09:41 AM

After an upgrade to Qlik Replicate 2024.5, capturing changes (CDC) for a Table defined on a DB2i Source leads to conversion errors with the NUMERIC Datatypes with precision and scale greater than zero.

Due to a change in Qlik Replicate's new version, this error causes the table defined in the task to have data issues with the value in the target showing 0 and not the correct value present in the Source. 

Example: 100.000 (source) becomes 0 (target)

To verify the table defined in the task, have the DDL for the table confirmed, then check locate the below details in the DDL has columns with NUMERIC(15,5) output from iSeries, table in the DB2i Source Environment.

Example:

The number definitions impacted have a SCALE > 0.  

So in SQL DDL for the Table has Numeric(5,2), a value like 123.45 will fail conversion and end up as  0. 

Resolution

Upgrade to Qlik Replicate 2024.5 SP03 or higher.

Cause 

A regression of the 2024.5 version of Qlik Replicate, affecting how the Datatype is parsed from the Journal/Receiver to the Target.

Related Content

Selecting records using a specified record format name (RCDFMT parameter)

Internal Investigation ID(s) 

RECOB-8827

Environment

Labels (1)
Version history
Last update:
4 weeks ago
Updated by: