Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SudharshanK
Creator
Creator

Giving User Access to Automation

I am not able to provide permissions to my supervisor to view and run the automations that I created. The only option which I could find is to change the owner of automation but that option would disable the automation. Is there any way to provide user permissions for automations in Qlik Cloud?

Labels (1)
3 Replies
Emile_Koslowski
Employee
Employee

Hi @SudharshanK ,

We are currently working on a new update to allow collaboration on automations. This would allow you to create and manage automations in shared spaces and allow other users to run the automation. Immediately after that, we will add edit permissions also.

In the meantime, would it be an option to export the automation json file (by right clicking in the editor canvas) and sharing that with your supervisor for review?

LorantPataki
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi there,

I've solved this by adding buttons in an app and setting the "Run mode: triggered" on to allow other users to run the automations. This way I can control who has access by the normal space/app access options.

LorantPataki_0-1717144027165.png

LorantPataki_1-1717144045643.png

Not very elegant, as the user can't see what's happening in the background, but so far looks like no better option from Qlik Cloud.

To give the user an indication of success/failure, I've used the input block to get the User, then the Get User block to get their email:

LorantPataki_2-1717144177688.png

... and finally send a success or failure email to them:

LorantPataki_3-1717144224136.png

Hope this helps...

SudharshanK
Creator
Creator
Author

Thats great to hear. Please keep me posted on this feature :). My supervisor just wants to ability to run automations while I am away and he does not need to review it.