Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ramina
Contributor II
Contributor II

List Values of Fields ignores previos selections/Qlik Automations Reporting

Hello!

I'm facing the following problem: I created a report and made some basic selections, after that I want to loop through possible values of field X to generate a sheet. The problem is, the component "List values of field" ignores the previos selections, so it loops through all the possible fields of value X. How can I ressolve it?

Ramina_0-1720610722946.png

Cheers

Ramina

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Camilla84
Partner - Contributor III

Hi, @Ramina I faced same issue. This requires some previous data work. First you need a field that joins the 2 fields you want to loop and make them unique. 

Im my case it was Managers and Providers. I had to loop through each Managers team, so I created Managers_Providers. 

I added here an automation sample I used. Please check the comments for each block. I think it will be better for your understanding. It was a very complex work. Hope that helps!! 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Camilla84

Hi, @Ramina I faced same issue. This requires some previous data work. First you need a field that joins the 2 fields you want to loop and make them unique. 

Im my case it was Managers and Providers. I had to loop through each Managers team, so I created Managers_Providers. 

I added here an automation sample I used. Please check the comments for each block. I think it will be better for your understanding. It was a very complex work. Hope that helps!! 

Ramina
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

OMG! Thank you! This is incredible idea, I'm going to try it!

Ramina
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I implemented a new field that concatenated two fields and added it as a PAGE in a template and it worked. Thank you very much! You ended my struggle. 😄

Camilla84

That`s great, @Ramina ! Glad I could help!!