Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neder
Contributor
Contributor

Main Benefits for Power BI compared to Tableau and Qlik

Hey everyone,

I know, probably there are a few more threads regarding this question, but I want to raise this question again.

Could you please elaborate on the main benefits of PBI compared to Tableau and Qlik?

I have worked for a few months on PBI and have gained so much knowledge etc.

Unfortunately, my company will still define just Tableau and Qlik as an enterprise solution.

So, I would like to work on a Business Case to show them the main benefits.

These are the main benefits for me, but I have never worked with Tableau or Qlik

E2E Connection from Excel to Power BI Data Set (is this also possible in Tableau or Qlik?)

Standardized Date > Everyone is working with the same Data / Measures

Easy to handle

Advanced Calculations with DAX and M

ML and AI Opportunities with Azure

Easy to learn for Excel-Experts

Easy to create new Reports and to publish for a broader public

Growing Software with monthly new opportunities

Please let me know if my perspective is too isolated/ concentrated. Maybe these benefits are also possible in Tableau or Qlilk

Labels (1)
3 Replies
WaltShpuntoff
Employee
Employee

I hope you are not seriously looking for help here.

I suggest you focus futue efforts on Microsoft or Tableau forums.

I think you will find a more sympathetic audience there.

(Note: this is my personal opinion and has nothing to do with being employed by Qlik, volunteering my time on this forum)

-ws

marcus_sommer

My experiences with Tableau is quite small but there is since several years a quite heavy pressure in some of our company parts to replace SAP BO with it - but nearly no one want it and SAP BO is a very poor tool which hints that there aren't much benefits by Tableau ...

Power BI and Qlik are very different because Power BI has nearly nothing an own ETL capabilities (else you need highly curated DWH data) and also you couldn't really analyse data. On both parts is Qlik very strong. And from my point of view this is essentially. Any reporting-views are more or less a by-product.

I think you are confounding the benefits of Power BI as an Excel extension for small and local user-projects with a BI environment (of course MS advertised it differently but it's just marketing) which is a completely other and much bigger approach.

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Qlik is 8.5x  times faster PowerBI when reading data.
That says it all
😉