Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RobinTMavhu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Desktop Unlock file

Good day! My Qlik Sense Desktop application expired yesterday. Has a new unlock file been shared yet, the current one i downloaded today isn't prompting a launch button and will l be able to recover my dashboards? 😕

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelricardo
Contributor
Contributor

6 Replies
afldfkjdidjfdf22445
Contributor II
Contributor II

Finding the unlock file has become a bit of a scavenger hunt lately.

First it was under my profile ⇾ 'looking to unlock QS desktop', then it was in the Qlik Download section. Last it was under https://github.com/qlik-download/qlik-sense-desktop/releases/ I wonder where we will find it this time. I get the impression Qlik doesn't really want to support the Qlik desktop version. I find it so useful though. I use Qlik at work and every now and then I want to try something at home, stuff I don't want to upload on company servers. It would be sad to see this disappear.

angelricardo
Contributor
Contributor

There is now a new version of unlock available for download.

https://github.com/qlik-download/qlik-sense-desktop/releases/download/v14.187.4/Qlik_Sense_Desktop.u...

I am so happy :).

Ernesto123
Contributor
Contributor

I've spent the day trying to make it work, unsuccessfully.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong, It was supposed just to replace the file on the same "trial" folder, well, not working.

I have also tried to place the trial folder on the folder:

"C:\Users\ernes\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense" 

If there's something I am doing wrong, I appreciate any further instruction in order to move forward and be able to use the app.

Best,

Ernesto.

afldfkjdidjfdf22445
Contributor II
Contributor II

I suggest you reinstall Qlik Desktop.

Ernesto123
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the suggestion, it didn't work either. I just uninstalled, download everything again, installed and yet nothing.

As instructed on the "Qlik_Sense_Desktop_Unlock_Instructions" file, I placed the "trial" folder in the "Qlik" folder under my Documents directory.

Thanks,

Ernesto123
Contributor
Contributor

I finally got it fixed and working. The problem was, that I was placing the trial folder in the wrong adress:

The right folder was:

C:\Users\ernes\OneDrive\Documentos\Qlik\Sense

Thanks,