Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidJ
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Trouble Sending CSV to SFTP

Hi there,

I'm new to Automations and a novice Qlik developer - I'm looking to move data from a Straight Table I've built to an SFTP. I've got a test up, and can see data being moved, but I have two problems.

1. Instead of sending the full table, it's sending each row as its own file.

2. I'm using a comma to delimit things, but there's commas in the values of the table, and so it's splitting the values in an unusual way. 

I'm attaching an excel workbook with three tabs. The first has an image of the Automation flow I'm using. The second has an image of the (very simple) two row table. The next two tabs are the output in the SFTP.

Does anyone have any tips here? I'm sure the solution is fairly simple but I'm missing something. Screenshots below as well. We are using Qlik Cloud

DavidJ_0-1719434001285.png

DavidJ_1-1719434058090.png

DavidJ_2-1719434128899.png

DavidJ_3-1719434183487.png

DavidJ_4-1719434200702.png

Thanks,

David

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Shai_E
Support
Support

Hi @DavidJ 

I did not try to create an automation of the same nature, but i did notice a few things from what you mentioned and pictures.

For the first point, the reason why its creating multiple CSV files is because in each iteration of the get Stright table data loop you are creating a file on SFTP

Take it out of the loop so it will only create a file once.

-----------------------------

For the second point for the values of the table that have a ',' maybe use a text formula named "Remove" to remove the ',' from the values.

-----------------------------

Another thing that i could suggest for the current configuration is to maybe also save the contents of the file once, outside of the loop.

I am not quit sure if you need to save after every written line but you can try that.

-------------------------------

Finally, while it is not the same use case you have, we have a template that does a similar thing named "Copy data from a Qlik Sense straight table to an Excel sheet"

Maybe you can make use of that

cotiso_hanganu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

When comma is creating problems in CSV files because the content has also commas inside , try to use another delimiter, like pipe, or # or ~ .

Both when generating the CSV, but also in the read of CSV back in Qlik, if it is the case, using

(delimiter is'~')