Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ANBIS
Contributor II
Contributor II

Update Stream Custom Properties with Powershell and Qlik-CLI

Hi,

i am currently working on a Powershell Script, using Qlik-CLI module, to add a Custom Properies to a Stream.

Using the script below, i run into "(400) Bad Request" error, no matter what kind of datatype i use for the "-customProperties" parameter.

I also tried the following with the same outcome: 

- set the values manually within the QMC

- get the custom Properties into a powershell variable

- delete the Properties within the QMC

- Try to set the values saved in the variable.

$OldCustomProperies = $(get-qlikstream -full -filter $("name eq '"+$Streamname+"'")).customProperties

Update-QlikStream -verbose -id $streamguid -customProperties $OldCustomProperies

That is how the Custom Property Array should look:

Custom properties issue 1.jpg

Does anybody know how to use "Update-QlikStream -verbose -id $streamguid -customProperties $CustomProperies"?

Is there anything i miss here or is there a better way to do this with Qlik .net SDK within Powershell?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vincenzo_Esposito

First of all you need to have the custom property defined for a resource type Stream. You can either define it using the Qlik-Cli or QMC.

You need to get the stream id and use it in the update action, or if you want to use a single line

Update-QlikStream -id (get-qlikstream -full -filter ("name eq 'Everyone'")).id -customProperties cli=B 

For the above command to work I defined a custom Properties named cli with values A,B,C

Hope this help

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vincenzo_Esposito

First of all you need to have the custom property defined for a resource type Stream. You can either define it using the Qlik-Cli or QMC.

You need to get the stream id and use it in the update action, or if you want to use a single line

Update-QlikStream -id (get-qlikstream -full -filter ("name eq 'Everyone'")).id -customProperties cli=B 

For the above command to work I defined a custom Properties named cli with values A,B,C

Hope this help

ANBIS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you very much for your help, it does work now!