Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_collaboration
Contributor
Contributor

find row in excel data table no match

There is a good video by Qlik on "Creating a basic write back solution with Qlik Cloud"

But I can you show the same for an Excel file table saved in OneDrive?

To add a row is not an issue but...

I have an issue with the autiomaton  "find row in excel find row in excel data table" as it never matches.

I habe a simple table and when i do the find row in excel data table it loops trhough and when the values are matching 

The Variable "Inputrow001" is a list with one enetry = 3 for matchup

DataVis_1-1685966041642.png

The datatable I use:

Casenumber Column2 Column3
1 11 111
2 12 112
3 13 113
4 14 114
5 15 115
6 16 116
7 17 117
8 18 118
9 19 119
10 20 120
11 21 121
12 22 122
13 23 123
14 24 124

Automation:

DataVis_0-1685965981057.png

I search for the 3 in the Column Casenumber from get streight table data.

DataVis_2-1685966133301.png

But when is sholud match it still gives teh result -1 and not the number of the row

DataVis_3-1685966285698.png

please can you help here?

Can qlik make a step by step video.

The step after will be an update rowl in Excel table.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Greg_collaboration 

I guess you have provided incorrect values to the input fields of the "Find Row In Excel Worksheet Table" block.

The input value for "Column Index For Search" parameter should be the index of the column on which you have to search for the values provided in the "Search Value" parameter.

So if Casenumber is the first column in your Excel table then the Column Index For Search = 0.

Then add a condition block to check if the "Find Row In Excel Worksheet Table" block response is not empty or the index value from the "Find Row In Excel Worksheet Table" block response is not equal to -1. If the condition evaluates to true, place the "Update Row In Table" block.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Greg_collaboration 

Could you please share the automation and app you have configured to investigate this further?

Thanks

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Greg_collaboration 

I guess you have provided incorrect values to the input fields of the "Find Row In Excel Worksheet Table" block.

The input value for "Column Index For Search" parameter should be the index of the column on which you have to search for the values provided in the "Search Value" parameter.

So if Casenumber is the first column in your Excel table then the Column Index For Search = 0.

Then add a condition block to check if the "Find Row In Excel Worksheet Table" block response is not empty or the index value from the "Find Row In Excel Worksheet Table" block response is not equal to -1. If the condition evaluates to true, place the "Update Row In Table" block.

Hope this helps!!
Thanks

AfeefaTk
Support
Support

Hi @Greg_collaboration 

Did it work?

If yes, do you mind sharing the automation and app configured which could help others trying to write back to the Excel file?

Thanks