Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alejandro-juarez22
Contributor II
Contributor II

problem : Using Qlik Application Automation to create and distribute Excel reports in Office 365

@MattGrayndler 

empty table

qlik excel.jpg

real information 

qlik excel 2.jpg

add rows.jpgGet strai....jpg

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alejandro-juarez22 ,

I might be easier if you add any issues with this specific automation to the comments of the automation template, that way others encountering similar issues will be able to see.

From other comments in that thread, this issue is often caused by double quote (") or backslash characters (\) existing in your source table.  

I can see that you have quotes “ in your source table. This breaks the formatting of the request that we send to excel which looks like this “Value1”,”Value2”.  The quotes encapsulate each string and help to ensure the comma acts as a delimiter between cells.   Having quotes in your data breaks this expected formatting and the Excel API doesn’t know what to do with the request. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MattGrayndler
Employee
Employee

Hi @Alejandro-juarez22 ,

I might be easier if you add any issues with this specific automation to the comments of the automation template, that way others encountering similar issues will be able to see.

From other comments in that thread, this issue is often caused by double quote (") or backslash characters (\) existing in your source table.  

I can see that you have quotes “ in your source table. This breaks the formatting of the request that we send to excel which looks like this “Value1”,”Value2”.  The quotes encapsulate each string and help to ensure the comma acts as a delimiter between cells.   Having quotes in your data breaks this expected formatting and the Excel API doesn’t know what to do with the request. 

gardenierbi
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @MattGrayndler , what is the best practice to handle double quotes from the source table? Is there an escape character available to handle the double quotes? 

ACorona
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ran into a similar issue in the past with updating users in NPrinting API. I ended up just using the replace function in the data load editor to edit any users names that have a single/double quotes with a space.