Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
janda
Contributor II
Contributor II

QCDI - Connecting to Workday

Hi everyone,

Can someone please explain to me how the QCDI connector to Workday works? I see the instructions in the documentation (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/DataIntegration/WebAppli...), but I don't understand if there is something like CDC here? Or is it always a full load? If so, why are there two connectors? Is there a fundamental difference between them?

Thank you in advance for your answer.
Petr

Labels (4)
1 Reply
JonCarpenter
Luminary
Luminary

Hi Petr,

• Workday Reporting Connector: This connector uses Workday's Reports-as-a-Service (RAAS) functionality. RAAS allows you to create custom reports in Workday and expose them as web services. This connector is useful when you need specific, customized data sets that you have already defined within Workday. These extracts are full load only but can do a reload and compare to identify changes over time. This is currently the only method supported by Qlik for Workday Financials. 

• Workday API Connector: This connector allows data to be extracted directly from Workday's standard APIs, particularly for HR data. This connector is also performing a full extract with a reload and compare.  Here are the details of the webservice it connects to: Human_Resources Service Details (workday.com)

I hope this helps!