Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nshastri
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Qlik SaaS connectivity issues

Hi, 

The company's data is stored in C-tree database. How to build dashboards by connecting Qlik SaaS to C-tree database?

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @nshastri,

I'm not a C-treeDB expert, but you should be able to use a Rest connection using the DB's API.

Of course, if the Database is hosted internally on your own premises, you'll need to make sure that it's published on the internet. 
Check the "Outbound traffic" section on the help site.

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

I would use the following logic with QSE SaaS and data connectivity

1. Is there a connector in QSE SaaS for the data source?

Yes: check the help.qlik.com for requirements to reach the data source if it is on-prem

No: Make use of Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik DataTransfer

QS Desktop has the tradition Windows based connectors ie MS Access etc - It means you can develop an extractor on Desktop to any source that is not represented in QSE SaaS.  Once developed, you can register the App in Qlik DataTransfer which will reload and then move the resulting QVDs to QSE SaaS.  You need to do some research to get everything running but it is a robust solution.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @nshastri,

I'm not a C-treeDB expert, but you should be able to use a Rest connection using the DB's API.

Of course, if the Database is hosted internally on your own premises, you'll need to make sure that it's published on the internet. 
Check the "Outbound traffic" section on the help site.

Cheers!

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
AdamBS
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi

I would use the following logic with QSE SaaS and data connectivity

1. Is there a connector in QSE SaaS for the data source?

Yes: check the help.qlik.com for requirements to reach the data source if it is on-prem

No: Make use of Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik DataTransfer

QS Desktop has the tradition Windows based connectors ie MS Access etc - It means you can develop an extractor on Desktop to any source that is not represented in QSE SaaS.  Once developed, you can register the App in Qlik DataTransfer which will reload and then move the resulting QVDs to QSE SaaS.  You need to do some research to get everything running but it is a robust solution.

Adam Barrie-Smith
iOCO Analytics Solutions