Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hsardar
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Compose Modelling

Hello,

I came across a scenario where I need to make Qlik Compose modelling and to pass it to qlik developers where they don't need to focus on modelling , for that I have to make difficult modelling can I know Which is the best way to

Scenario1: Create an Association between two tables.

Scenario2: Create an Association between two tables and one of them has  two business keys.

Scenario3: using Joins in modelling.

Scenario4:Using If condition to create a key or for date manipulation for DDL.(NUM(IF(Currency_1='GBP',Amount,Round    ( Amount * FXRateGBP,0.01)),'#,##0.00; (#,##0.00)') AS AmountGBP ).

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Pierre_G
Contributor III
Contributor III

I can speak to Scenario2: Create an Association between two tables and one of them has  two business keys.

In my example the TOPIC Lookup  has 2 business keys and, to make it more complex, is associated twice to the ENQUIRY transaction table (Primary Topic and Secondary Topic)

Lookup Table - TOPIC 
TOPIC_ENTITY_CDE  (key)  (values are  ENQUIRY,COMPLAINT,SERVICEREQ)
TOPIC_CDE  (key)
TOPIC_DESC
TOPIC_SORT

Transaction Table - ENQUIRY
ENQUIRY_ID (Key)
ENQUIRY_NBR
PRIMARY_TOPIC Relationship (to TOPIC having 2 keys)
SECONDARY_TOPIC Relationship (to TOPIC having 2 keys)

The first relationship:

Pierre_G_0-1668090993737.png

The second relationship:

Pierre_G_1-1668091069801.png

Result in model:

Pierre_G_2-1668091153110.png

The next step is to provide the proper TOPIC_ENTITY_CDE in the DW Mappings

Pierre_G_4-1668091493719.png

Hope this helps
Pierre

Nanda_Ravindra
Support
Support

@hsardardid  @Pierre_G suggestion worked for you for Scenario2 ?

The enquiry  you have on this post needs thorough analysis on your business case. So, I would suggest you open a case with support and the team should able to help you model your request.

Thanks,

Nanda