Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Dose Compose DW support oracle client 12.2 ?

Hi All, I installed and tested Compose 6.5 and 6.6. When I installed oracle client 12.2 I met "Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider" So I uninstalled and install oracle client 12.1 . it is no problem . In User Guide did not any mentioned this. This issue occurred compose 6.5 and 6.6. ( I installed both version of oracle client with administrator option )

I  asked same question to support but I've got answer below

support team answer is 

"If I understood correctly, Oracle client need  .Net Framework, you can check the Oracle client installation guide to know installation Prerequisites of it. It's irrelative to Replicate."

My Question is oracle client 12.1 is working fine but oracle client 12.2 met error . (Compose Server is same)

I checked Compose User Guide but any related comment. 

I think this issue is a bug or not support oracle client 12.2. If not ,  I think User Guide explained more .

Regards,

Kwangho

7 Replies
TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

Hi Kwangho, 

Please review the pre-requisities, where it mentions installing the Oracle Data Access Components (x64) .  Please make sure you have installed the ODAC components on the Compose server also.

TimGarrod_0-1591108460764.png

khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Tim,

I checked the pre-requisities of Compose and Oracle Client. it is no problem. I installed Oracle Client 12.1 at same Server. It is no problem. (Oracle Client 12.1 work fine at same server) But 12.2 client did not work.  Compose Server is Windows 2016 Std. .Net is 4.6.2. Also I installed  Client full with administrator option.

I asked this to Support but just get same answer. It means anyone did not tested Oracle client 12.2 on Win 2016.

When I checked the pre-requisities of  Oracle Client 12.2,  I did not miss any the pre-requisities.

Regards,

Kwangho

khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi All,

I tested several time.  But same result. I think did not tested 12.2 client or hard coded.

I did not use instance client.  I installed oracle client with full and administrator option.

First,  Why 12.1 version is no problem ? 

Second, Dose 12.2 client prerequisites is different with client 12.1 ?  If Yes , why did not explained User Guide,  In the Oracle's Client install guide just  different  is certification version of .Net Framework version.

My Compose Server  is windows 2016 and .Net 4.6.2 . That is correct   prerequisites.

Regards,

KwangHo 

TimGarrod
Employee
Employee

I haven't tested against an Oracle db.   All I know with customers I've worked with is you must have the ODAC components installed for the version of the client you are using.  (Typically thats where the error you saw came from).  What I don't know is if Oracle bundled that in the 12.1 client, but not in the 12.2 client. 

Can you try to install ODAC 12.2 ? 

https://www.oracle.com/database/technologies/odac-downloads.html

khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi,

When I installed with full and admin option, it included. If I installed instant Client , I need ODAC. But I installed full. So I compared directory with v12.1 and v12.2. It same. 

I installed ODAC, but same. So I will try with 18c and 19c .

Regards,

Kwangho

khchoy
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi 

I ask support team with case but he answered that "If it's not end user issue then it's hard to assign resources from support team. Sorry for that.".

So If I have some question or met issue without customer, I only ask community.

Regards,

Kwangho 

camronujia
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for reply. Even i had also same problem and its resolved now.

Regards autoclicker.onl